Beverly Powder House Restored
October 8, 2020
Allegrone Companies completed the restoration of the historic Beverly Powder House.
This five-month project involved major upgrades to the interior and exterior of the historic structure. The Beverly Powder House was used in the War of 1812 to store gunpowder. It is the only octagonal powder house extant in New England, with brick walls that measure four layers thick.
The city intends to use the restored building as a place to educate the community about Beverly's history and how powder houses once contributed to the nation's defense.