Connect: Green Building
Showing Green Building: 1–5 of 42
Allegrone Construction recently completed a 38 Unit Multi-Family Housing project in Easthampton, MA called Parsons Village. It is Massachusetts first Net Zero Affordable Housing project.
After a yearlong construction process, the Hawthorne Valley Farm Store celebrated its official grand reopening last Sunday, June 28.
Allegrone Construction of Pittsfield, Mass. completed the construction project back in 2014. The expansion project included an additional 430 square feet to offer expanded café seating, and a redesign of the front of the store to increase the produce, cheese and deli selections.
To read the full article, click read more below
Every story about a green building is a story about people. LEED buildings have a direct impact on the people who eat, live, work and play in them: these high-performing buildings boost the health, productivity and happiness of millions of people across the globe.
Leaders across the globe understand that LEED is a powerful market tool that works. Every story about a LEED building is a story about leaders. These leaders recognize that LEED enhances a company’s triple-bottom line, helps organizations manage their business operations and creates a more sustainable, energy-efficient built environment.
Written by Mahesh Ramanujam, Chief Operating Officer of the U.S. Green Building Council
Read the full article here: http://www.usgbc.org/node/6798343
Check out this video of the Carriage House move as part of the Gore Place project in Waltham, MA.
LENOX -- From the outside, the rather nondescript commercial building at 27 Housatonic St. looks like it has seen better days.
It's one of the town's historically significant sites, built in 1791 on Main Street to house the Berkshire County Courthouse after Lenox became a shire town and the new county seat, formerly in Sheffield and Great Barrington.
In 1815, as the much larger Greek Revival courthouse was completed (home to the Lenox Library starting in 1876), the old site became the Town House, used as the post office and for local government.
In 1903, the building was removed from its foundation and moved by horse and wagon to its present location following the opening of the new Town Hall next door.
Now among the three oldest buildings still standing in the historic downtown village, it is owned by real estate entrepreneur Steve Oakes, who's embarking on a major rehabilitation project this fall to shore it up, saving it from further sagging of the facade, while giving it a look more in keeping with its deep roots in the town's early history.
Check out the full article by the Berkshire Eagle here: http://www.berkshireeagle.com
Open a PDF of the article here: 27 Housatonic Article